Computer Stuff

I opened up my totaled PowerBook. I got the hard drive out. I plugged it into an ATA adapter and external enclosure. I plugged it in tto my computer. I turned it on. It shows up on my computer.

One small problem.

My Ubuntu Linux system says I don't have the permissions to get back into the folder "Documents" that I created in OS X. I know my password. Both systems are UNIX based. I'll look around on the internet. Any ideas?

UPDATE: cd /media/CHAIR/Users/Zach/Documents/School/old/LING tells me that colorpaper.pdf exists! Wooooo! Financial aid for me! I'm gonna go take it to a mac and see if I can use my old password.

UPDATE: Woooo! I got my paper from seven months ago that was stored in my totaled computer! In retrospect I'm quite fond of it. Here is "It's a red truck:" Color descriptiveness as a gendered attribute as a PDF.

Also, I came across something that took me back. When I was in high school, I had detention a couple times for being late to class and stuff. To keep myself occupied, I would play a game where I'd get out a piece of paper and a pencil and copy down every piece of text that was visible, moving my field of vision slowly clockwise around the room. At one point I must have found this piece of paper and typed it. Here it is as another PDF.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging and site-building after that i advise him/her to visit this web site,
Keep up the fastidious work.

Here is my web site: does quantrim really work